Sometimes life just gets on top of you and the last thing you need is a breakdown, but sometimes, just taking yourself off to a corner and having a good cry is probably what you need.
Crying is good for the soul, as it releases hurt and pain that you have been holding inside. Sometimes crying is enough to allow yourself to relax and sleep – I know after a good cry I quite often want to sleep.
Here are some interesting facts about crying:
- It relieves stress – tears remove chemicals which have built up in your body.
- It refreshes your eyes – flushing out toxins on the eyeball itself.
- Tears releases feelings – you feel more open and calmer after you have had a good cry.
- Crying lowers the manganese levels – which elevates your mood.
- It helps to reduce your anger and sadness levels – once you have cried it out, you feel calmer.
- Here’s a good one – it lowers blood pressure!
- Crying means you are human and you have feelings!
Sometimes it is hard to remember that you are a creature made to feel different emotions – and you are allowed to laugh, feel anger, worry, but crying can help to alleviate the stress and bring back the positive.
My husband has become my greatest support in recent months and if I am having a bad day, he tells me that it is OK. Cry, let it out, and then you can move on with your day.
So if you are having a bad day – find a quiet corner, and cry your eyes out.