This is a kind of poke the fun post – but it is also rather serious too. You see, my Immortal Beloved was quite controlling, and whenever I made a suggestion about something, he would often squash the idea or concept. Some of my ideas were pretty cool, I have to admit. But now that he isn’t around, I can now do what I want to do – so here are the Top Five things I can now do:
5. No Smoking INSIDE! Yip, he smoked. When visitors came around, he would smoke outside, but at night… he would smoke inside. Even though our son and myself both suffer from asthma! It will take a while, but we should be able to get the stink out of the house!
4. I can have flowers inside – yes – flowers. Whenever my garden flowered, I wasn’t allowed to bring flowers inside because ‘he was allergic’. Daffodil’s, fresia’s, roses, lillies, lily of the valley – I brought them inside and put them in a vase, he would carry them outside again, complaining that they set off his hayfever. To be honest – I have to wonder if he was perhaps allergic to life! Same went for pot plants – and it wasn’t like they flowered!
3. When my husband and I first got together, I didn’t own a fridge. But I brought one when he moved in. The fridge is now 15 years old, sounds like an old diesel boat engine and the paint is chipping around the handle. One thing I thought of, was to use blackboard paint to tidy up the front of the fridge and make it more practical. No. Uh uh – not happening. Why not? Because I said so. Now that I am the main bill payer of the house, I have no issues with painting the front of the fridge with blackboard paint, and purchasing lovely colourful chalk. I’ll post photos of how it looks.
2. Have my Marilyn Monroe pictures up. I have a whole collection of pictures I have collected over the years. When we first got together, that was all up around my flat. When we moved, it became our space, and he didn’t want Marilyn up. As we moved over the years, there were and less pictures allowed up, until there is only two – one of the a clock. With having my own writing / creative space now, I will hang up EVERY SINGLE ONE of my Marilyn pictures, and enjoy having her watch over me as I am being productive.
1. Being able to park my car in the garage! For the last 16 years we have been together, my Car has had to be parked up outside. The garage has always been full of other stuff – motorbikes, grasscarts, JUNK! With all that gone, there will be plenty of the room in the garage for my motorbike and car! And still have room to space. I am SO LOOKING Forward to that! No more chipped paint.