I haven’t been up to much lately, and once more I have changed my web format. while I liked the old one, it wasn’t really what made me happy, so I chose another one, and I kinda like it!
I have made a decision about Curse of the Taniwha. You see, I was having issues with it. I knew where I wanted the story to go, but it wasn’t really gathering pace or steam like I wanted it to. I went back to the original plotting phase I had on it, and realised that I had two sub plots. The relationship between Rena and Rob, and Rena and the taniwha. This made a bit more sense to me, so I have gone back to the beginning, and instead of having a prologue, I have started with the prologue as chapter one, and written more about Rob and Rena getting together. The start of chapter three or four will be about 6 months down the track, showing the change in the relationship. This will show the contrast between the relationship that Rena and the taniwha have.
I am feeling a little more excited about this story now, and I also have a rather a big ending on it, with a bit of a brainwave in regards to the connection between Rob and the Taniwha – oh yeah, there is a connection, and it is a doozy.
On the creative front, I have started doing patchwork. Why? I really don’t know, but I am enjoying it. I just got to get used to colour values, lights and darks and working from there. Still, my first effort wasn’t too bad, considering I hand stitched it, and I am not a very good sewer, however I can only get better with practice.
I have been looking further into self publishing, and have found a great site with details on how to build an Authors Platform. I have decided to do a series on these, featuring on a Saturday, just about how I am creating my image, and getting my writing off the ground. Hopefully, by the time I am finished, I will have a great authors website for my followers 🙂
Anyway, I have other jobs I need to get on with right now. Hope everyone has a good writing week. 🙂