As you are aware, I have been editing for a couple of weeks now, and all going well, I hope to be fnished by the end of March. Maybe it is an unrealistic goal, but I am enjoying my story at the moment, and if I make it or not, I am not too concerned.
What I am concerned about is the gap that I just found in my story. You see I use a wonderful and free program called yWriter5 (which if you click on the link will take you to the website where you can download it too) which is the most wonderful writing program in the world, but that is only my opinion. But I digress. yWriter5 allows me to put together my story through a series of rtf documents, and I thought I had put it together quite well, and not missed a single page. Until today.
While editing a chapter, I thought it sounded strange, but didn’t think anything more of it until I came to the crux of the chapter. Something was definitely missing. Somehow, I had not copied that rtf or it had been deleted, I am not sure which, but there was an entire scene missing. And it wasn’t just a little piece scene that would have done better on the cutting room floor. It was an experience scene that is intrigal part of the story.
Fortunately it has not been deleted from yWriter program, and it was probably me missing it in the first place, but it is there now (probably find it in the wrong order!) The chapter is back, and now I have to edit it. I was up to page 160 of 197 – now I am at 155 of 206 (but an extra five pages have been edited).
Hopefully I will have this book finished by the middle of next week and started on the next one, which will eventually all be put together into one large story. Then it is the shipping it around to agents / publishers time…