So here is my reasoning behind going with my pen name:
- I like my privacy. A lot. I value it very highly and I don’t really want lots of people banging on my door and asking for things that I am not capable of doing (NZ writers don’t necessarily make millions with their first, second or even tenth novels, I am aware of this, others aren’t!)
- I can always write some fiction under Catherine Mede (Speculative Fiction) and the more general literature under my own name, and only reveal later (once I am making millions(!)) like Nora Roberts / J D Robb
- If my writing is panned, I can deny all knowledge of who wrote it (only kidding!)
My reasons for using my own name
- While I do like my privacy, I guess like all writers, you also want your skills recognised. I am pretty flip floppy on this one. I have days where I think I want my own name on it, and other days where I think I don’t want the notoriety.
- There is no other reason really.
What do others think? Do you have a pen name you want to use? Do you use it and why?
A Story Written by Any Other Name…?