Wow, this week has been rather intense, in more ways than one. We got started on our ideas, with a brilliant workshop from Merilee on how to generate ideas and three picture prompts. I had a lot of fun doing that and it was posted on Friday if you want to check it out.
As for this week:
I started on my first goal this week, which was to write a gothic story. I have some great ideas, but I can’t seem to bring them together in one short story. I am thinking that what I might do is try and do a 4 part short story, where each idea is dealt with and work from there. I did manage to write 450 words the first day I wrote, and my plan was to write around 500 words a day, but so far, that has not happened. In the end I got 2,500 words on it, which isn’t a bad effort, but I have no idea where the story is going.
I have worked one of the words into the short story, which was great. I have plans for the other three, but you should see the ones that have come in this week! Very interesting! 🙂
I went to the Doctors on Wednesday, and while we are no closer to the bottom of my lack of energy, we did discover that my body wasn’t prepared to give up something that was inserted 5 years ago. The result, very bad pain and the prospect of having to have it removed in hospital – BUGGER!
This week has not been too bad, I am wondering whether it is just the increased exercise, but not corresponding that with increased food intake, and having experimented a little bit this week, I am beginning to think that this might be the problem. I hate being like this and it was affecting my writing and I hate when I have no enthusiasm for writing. 😮
This week, I am hoping to:
- continue on with my Gothic Story – write part II if you will
- try and add another 2,500 words this week
- work out where I want the story to go
- enter another element of a Gothic story to it – start making the story darker, start revealing a secret or two
- Use 4 more words into the story, which funnily enough, makes the story seem more Gothic (go figure) – because they are unusual and strange words (and a website I visited a long time ago about Gothic culture advised that you should learn complex words and include them in your vocabulary!!!)
That should keep me entertained for a while!