Over the weekend, I finally managed to finish the last major edit (hopefully) of my book, and yesterday, I put it all together and started on the grammar check of it.
Wow, what a relief. It was something I was hoping to have finished by the end of last month, but it just didn’t happen. But it has now, so I am pleased to finally get that done.
And to top it off, I have also done the synopsis, which might still need some work, but it is done! There are a few check marks on my Writing Goals 2010 list.
My beloved asked me what that meant – that I had finished editing. I think he was hopeful that it meant I would never have to do it again. Poor boy. I told him it meant that hopefully I won’t have to spend three months editing it again. But I had another one ready to step up to the plate and start the editing process.
Although I don’t feel any sense of freedom (I felt that when I initially finished the story), I am feeling more satisfied with this version of the story. I could not take any more out of it, about 6000 words were taken out, but the word count is still 170k + or 615 pages (depending on what word processing package I use…!) but the story seems to have a better flow, there is little difference between the first story and the last (which was initially written 5 months later) because my writing style had changed much during that time.
So, back to the readers, then out into the big dark world. Good luck little story…