This week has been busy. I have been raspberry picking most mornings, and then pottering in the gardens in the afternoon.
I have managed to slip in some time with the laptop, and have added a prologue to Medusa and started with the edit on Chapter one. Unfortunately it has been rather slow going… and I can’t really explain why. I guess it is because I have been reading the story through and thinking about how I can change it for the better.
I have gone through and highlighted all the target words (like was, has, has been, felt, knew, etc etc) and trying to eliminate them. And because I know have a prologue about an earlier event when Medusa and Athena first met, I have to make sure that those references are made in the first chapter, otherwise it would sound odd!
I have also decided to change a part near the end of the story where Medusa turns men to stone with her looks, because I have tried keep Medusa as close to human as possible, and turning men to stone isn’t human! But I do have a way of making sure that this kind of works.
My only problem is, it doesn’t really need to be called Medusa’s Garden any more because here Garden will no longer be filled with statues of men. I am not sure what to do about that, but at least I have made a start.