Back in December / January, I set out some writing goals, which I like to do so that I have a focus for my writing for the year. Well, that hasn’t been as well received by me this year. So I thought I would go back over the goals I set and see just what I have achieved / accomplished.
1. Finish the bloody Gothic Novel – This I have achieved – yay, one for me!
2. Write three novels this year – evenly spaced out – March, June and September – OK, I have started the novel in April because March was Evil Editors Unite and I wanted to do a second edit on Medusa. I have started writing, but haven’t done as much on my new novel as I would have liked.
3. Edit the three novels – May, August and November – OK, this ain’t going to happen until I have written the novel. May is being too ambitious for the April Novel, so this will have to be revised.
4. Edit the twelve short stories accomplished in 2010 – In three months, I have edited one story… oops. I did try to edit a second, but I didn’t have the full version on my laptop. Will have to download it there so I can start on that.
5. Create twelve new short stories in 2011 – This has not happened yet! It has taken me a while to get into 2011, but I intend to get some of these stories written.
Overall, I probably haven’t done too badly, but I certainly haven’t been as productive as I would like, and it isn’t because my goals are too tight or too much, it is more my lack of motivation, but since I have actually carried out a second edit on Medusa and started editing that bloody gothic novel, I think I have actually achieved a bit so far this year. Now to crack the whip and keep going with the rest of the goals!